New World Team Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Team Website

The new website of 'ηψт'

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Organization - ORC III

Go down 
+11
masolla
ziktonyc
NWT babar
Rocket
Spor
birarri
alexdu65
pagg
skopol
Awesome
mako
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mako
Admin
mako

Organization - ORC III Empty
PostSubject: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 10:35 am

SOo^^
cheers
somebody had to decide to open this topic, so let's start ;P :

We will switch the organization is different sections.
1. Creation of the rules/translations
moderator :
2. Map building/testers
moderator :
3. Design
moderator :
4. Website's management
moderator :
5. Server's management
moderator :

Propose your name in the category you wanna help or lead !

-----------
Chapter 1 : Creation of the rules/translations
I'll write a short explication of the rules we will use. As for the other points, say if you're motivated to help. In this case, it will be : write all in a beautifull english without forgetting everything. This point will be VERY important because it will decide about the "first" serious we will show. I WANT somebody else than me for this work since my english is limited. I WANT too some guys for translate. My dream would be to translate the rules in : french & german first. If you are motivated to translate in another langage (spanish for kitos (?)^^) or swedish (gus, bira (?)^^). Don't worry about that, the hardest will be to write the rules. Translate will be fast, and it will show how we did everything perfectly (don't forget it will be the target in all the points).

SOoo let's start :
Overall idea of ORC III
a. (Closed discussion)
Match in 4vs4 / 3 tracks (only nwt's tracks) : 1. 45secs-1min - 1. modlap - 1. Awesome's track (like xeres's tracks, in better^^) / Victory in 5 points.
b. (Opened discussion)
League. 8 teams by League. 2 Matchs vs each team (one at home / away). If possible we will organize the matchs on NWT servers with relay(s). 4 Leagues (if enough teams). 1st League will be the best, 4th will be the slowest. No "Table" mod like UDT. The winner will be decided byt POINTS in the end of the 14 matchs. The teams will go in each league by qualifications, simply. Qualifications will be played on 3 tracks : 1. 45secs-1min - 1. modlap - 1. Awesome's track. No limit by team. A team can register 3 lines up maximum (nwt1/2/3). Prizes will be better in League 1 than League 4. We must count how many coppers we have to know the prizes we could propose, but my idea is "the best ever".
c. (Closed discussion)
Cuts will be punished ! My idea is the idea of yellow and red card. A first cut will receive a yellow card, wich will mean : 2 matchs banned. A second cut will receive a red card (i don't need to describe you what is it^^).
-----------

Chapter 2 : Map building/testers
Overall idea of ORC III
a. (Closed discussion)
Awesome will receive the place he deserves. That means he will take the place of Xeres. The lenght of the tracks will be between 1min50secs and 2min10secs. (you can already start Awe^^)
b. (Opened discussion)
Everybody can propose a track since he is NWT. We need somebody for being the "HardDrive" of the project, somebody serious plz. Before launching the test (by testers^^), we will put all the tracks in one .zip/.rar. Somebody will have to do that (it's why i said "HardDrive" since he will have to get them all).
c. (Opened discussion)
Everybody can be "Tester". But not more than 10 plz. The idea for the testers will be to give a notation on x/10 for different things : flow / bugs / scenery* / fun. Be carefull it will not lag for bad computers ! So about this point, propose your name if you wanna be Tester !
d. (Opened discussion)
I propose to use a LIGHT MOD. What does it mean? No modification of the road / dirt / offroad. Things wich can be modified are : borders/start/finish/sky.
-----------

Chapter 3 : Design
a. (Opened discussion)
Design = logo, pannels, loadscreen of the servers,...I'll do it. One thing must be decided : who can do the Mod (if we use a mod) ?
Nothing else to say for me...^^
-----------

Chapter 4 : Website's management
a. (Opened discussion)
Question is simple : or we use the website we will open soon, or we use http://www.tmdirt.com. The best would be to use the tmdirt for me, since the name is ORC III and not NWT cup (if you understand me).
-----------

Chapter 5 : Server's management
a. (Opened discussion)
For me, the best would be to do like ORC or UDT. The question is to know who could host the servers. Normally, Quinquin should be able to do that. We must just know if it's possible for him and if he has the freetime for that. If not, the moderator of this area should try to find a solution. (still possible to let the teams manage their servers themself...)
-----------

P.S : ALL THE OPENED DISCUSSIONS ARE...opened. Before writing any feedback, say in wich point you are, or we will be lost fast. Exemple : Chapter 2.a : "....". ALL THE CLOSED DISCUSSIONS are (nearly) closed. That means if you have something to say...IT must be interesting^^. If I decided to do that, it's simply because I think we don't need to lost time where is not necessary...and because I know what I'm doing...^^.

Cheerz,
Mako
Back to top Go down
https://neworldteam.forumotion.com
Awesome

Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:14 pm

First thing to say => Woooo!

Chapter 1b
Quote :
League. 8 teams by League. 2 Matchs vs each team (one at home / away). If possible we will organize the matchs on NWT servers with relay(s). 4 Leagues (if enough teams). 1st League will be the best, 4th will be the slowest. No "Table" mod like UDT. The winner will be decided byt POINTS in the end of the 14 matchs. The teams will go in each league by qualifications

To be honest, 14 matches are too many! We saw what happened to teams in League Dirt... some people lost interest because it's hard to have matches for 4 months straight, with no breaks! some teams lost interest after several matches because there was no way they would have won the comp by points!

I suppose:

- 4 groups with 8 teams, but just 1 match against eachother!
- Top4 of each group go to semifinal => 1vs4 + 2vs3, so that 4 teams of each group have 7 matches and both finalists have 9 matches... that really is enough!

Chapter 2d
Quote :
I propose to use a LIGHT MOD. What does it mean? No modification of the road / dirt / offroad. Things wich can be modified are : borders/start/finish/sky.

I really REALLY loved the sand and especially the snow mods in rc cup... so what about we take those 2, give them to Willi and he can make some modifications (borders and stuff)?

Chapter 2a
Quote :
Awesome will receive the place he deserves. That means he will take the place of Xeres. The lenght of the tracks will be between 1min50secs and 2min10secs. (you can already start Awe^^)

I really love that Very Happy But can i make some modlaps too? You know my modlaps are awesome aswell Very Happy

What about the date? October? Because if we're going to make this and stay with my league mode (9 matches max) i'd have to make at least 10 long tracks, so i won't take part in that WDMC... busy summer with TRC, football euro and the olympic games Wink we'll see!

Cheers and gogo!
Awe
Cool
Back to top Go down
skopol

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am

Smile i would change from 4vs4 to 5vs5 Razz and i will read it all laterz, now some job to do
But overall it sounds great Smile
Back to top Go down
pagg

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:31 am

About the mod: i prefer the light mod suggested by Mako.
Back to top Go down
mako
Admin
mako

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 1:35 am

Awesome wrote:

Chapter 1b
To be honest, 14 matches are too many! We saw what happened to teams in League Dirt... some people lost interest because it's hard to have matches for 4 months straight, with no breaks! some teams lost interest after several matches because there was no way they would have won the comp by points!

I suppose:

- 4 groups with 8 teams, but just 1 match against eachother!
- Top4 of each group go to semifinal => 1vs4 + 2vs3, so that 4 teams of each group have 7 matches and both finalists have 9 matches... that really is enough!

=> why not. Wink This point is completlty opened for the discussion. So now, we have two possibilities. The others can propose some other ideas and after, I propose a little vote Wink.

------------
Awesome wrote:

Chapter 2d
I really REALLY loved the sand and especially the snow mods in rc cup... so what about we take those 2, give them to Willi and he can make some modifications (borders and stuff)?

=> I was more thinking about something really lighter and just come with something "new". First, not modify a mod. ORC deserves a full work^^. We can ask to willi if he is motivated to do it, but i don't want something we already saw somewhere else. Two, my idea would be to have the normal mod but with some little updates. I think for exemple about the "Storm Mod". We could use a sky in this idea but keep the normal dirt. Why not modify only the skies in fact? Nothing unrealistic. Just coming with a new athmosphere without modify the "serious" of classic mod. It could rock too.

------------
Awesome wrote:

Chapter 2a
I really love that Very Happy But can i make some modlaps too? You know my modlaps are awesome aswell Very Happy

=> If you want have my point of view : no.^^ It's not I don't like your modlaps, but I think you must have your "specific place", something everybody will remember Wink

------------
Awesome wrote:

What about the date? October? Because if we're going to make this and stay with my league mode (9 matches max) i'd have to make at least 10 long tracks, so i won't take part in that WDMC... busy summer with TRC, football euro and the olympic games Wink we'll see!

=> About the Date....good question, I forgot this point^^. Yeah, October for me could be a nice idea. We could already reserve the date and in few weeks say to the other teams "DONT propose another cup at this moment, we are coming with a cup without giving too many explications Wink. For exemple, I don't want to give the name too fast Wink.

------------
skopol wrote:
Smile i would change from 4vs4 to 5vs5 Razz and i will read it all laterz, now some job to do
But overall it sounds great Smile

=> About the 4vs4 or 5vs5. I really prefer the 4vs4 for now, or a 3vs3^^. The prob in 5vs5 is for many teams in fact. Check in the current League Dirt. Many teams have already stopped the cup because they had not enough players. 5 "active" players for some little teams (in number of drivers) can be very difficult to find, especially if 2/3 drivers must leave the cup. It often happens. A team register 10 drivers, after 3 weeks, 1 of them can't continue. 2 others lost the motivation because of that or something else...and they are directly 7 for 5 places...wich is nearly impossible to manage. Currently, some teams like Vodr, Hope,...will not have possibility to play a cup in 5vs5. Wink

------------
Cheerz,
Mako

Back to top Go down
alexdu65

alexdu65

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 am

i'm in for sure Smile
count me in as map builder and map tester,
and i will tell you later a little feedback for rules Wink
Back to top Go down
mako
Admin
mako

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 10:59 am

Thanks alex ! Wink
And for the others : Guys, i know it's alittle bit long to read, but i need you. Not everybody, but at least see you know the project and will follow it. If yo'ure not motivated for building a track, you can at least propose your name for testing them,...

I'll not do everything for sure ^^
Back to top Go down
birarri

birarri

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 1:50 am

i might be able to build a track or something Smile i do want to help but i really don't know anything about this Shocked What a Face
Back to top Go down
Spor
Admin
Spor

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:00 am

Yeah in the name of nOwRtC i can help with testing tracks and i can make plenty too Smile
Back to top Go down
https://neworldteam.forumotion.com/
Rocket

Rocket

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 3:15 am

wow Surprised
really long to read all post for now :/
sure u can count me for mapping & testing Wink
& i'll give you an opinion in the w-e Wink
Back to top Go down
mako
Admin
mako

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 4:30 am

Thanks guys Wink.
Anyway, I NEED a little bit more. I need guys who will say "Ok for being moderator for the point 1,2,...".

Who will coordonate the work for the rule's writing,...? This is for me the most important right now !
We must fix the "lines up" in each category, so everybody will have possibility to start something without coming back on this topic every 5 min and ask me...Wink

A moderator will be the relay between "workers" and me. So...GOGOGO guys !

Cheerz,
Mako
Back to top Go down
Awesome

Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:39 pm

moderator :
2. Map building/testers
moderator : Rocket, Alex, Spor, Awe
3. Design
moderator :
4. Website's management
moderator :
5. Server's management
moderator :

- Creation of the rules / translations - Who is able to do this? Also i think we can pretty much copy/paste the rules of TRC, only changes will be with maps and match modes...

- What do you mean with "Design"? Mod, logos and stuff? who's better in photoshop stuff than yourself Mako? Smile

- About Website's management i guess Zik would be great, or maybe we try to get some help from outside of NWT?

- Server's management, i'll try to talk to Ruepel, we all saw how fast he can set up some servers like last sunday, i hope he can help us a bit Wink
Back to top Go down
NWT babar

NWT babar

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 pm

1. Creation of the rules / translations
: Babar if you need translation English / French

4. Management's Website
: If Zik is the manager I can lend a hand (in French I understand orders faster ^ ^ ^)

I can also test the maps and say what think players who have a small level.
Back to top Go down
skopol

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:37 pm

the only thing i can help is to translate to Polish Very Happy hehehhe
and test the tracks if there aren't any cuts or other strange stupid things ;P

ah and about

CHAPTER 1b

I think ligue mod isn't so interesting as normal tables and after quarter or 1/8 finals depends of how many teams we will have and how many teams in each group Smile
just like in first orc, if i remember good there were first tables and then tournament tree Smile
or Just a tournament from the begginig like in Tennis tournaments Razz
would be nice if we start with for example 32 teams tree Razz 6 matches with the final
and we could do a losers bracket and winners bracket Very Happy
well there are many possibilities and i'm already confused lol bounce
Back to top Go down
Rocket

Rocket

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:50 am

- Creation of the rules / translations - Who is able to do this? Also i think we can pretty much copy/paste the rules of TRC, only changes will be with maps and match modes...

agree with you

- What do you mean with "Design"? Mod, logos and stuff? who's better in photoshop stuff than yourself Mako? Smile

about logo ... maybe sad can help a bit Wink
& for the MOD ... many guys put OFF the download so they don't see the MOD or special panels

- About Website's management i guess Zik would be great, or maybe we try to get some help from outside of NWT?

perhaps manu can help .... dunno

- Server's management, i'll try to talk to Ruepel, we all saw how fast he can set up some servers like last sunday, i hope he can help us a bit Wink

omg ruepel is so fast to do that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ziktonyc
Admin
ziktonyc

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:19 am

Well after 4h hours of reading ^^

Lets me introduce a lot of points Smile

Chapter 1 : Creation of the rules/translations

Quote :
Overall idea of ORC III
a. (Closed discussion)
Match in 4vs4 / 3 tracks (only nwt's tracks) : 1. 45secs-1min - 1. modlap - 1. Awesome's track (like xeres's tracks, in better^^) / Victory in 5 points.
b. (Opened discussion)
League. 8 teams by League. 2 Matchs vs each team (one at home / away). If possible we will organize the matchs on NWT servers with relay(s). 4 Leagues (if enough teams). 1st League will be the best, 4th will be the slowest. No "Table" mod like UDT. The winner will be decided byt POINTS in the end of the 14 matchs. The teams will go in each league by qualifications, simply. Qualifications will be played on 3 tracks : 1. 45secs-1min - 1. modlap - 1. Awesome's track. No limit by team. A team can register 3 lines up maximum (nwt1/2/3). Prizes will be better in League 1 than League 4. We must count how many coppers we have to know the prizes we could propose, but my idea is "the best ever".
c. (Closed discussion)
Cuts will be punished ! My idea is the idea of yellow and red card. A first cut will receive a yellow card, wich will mean : 2 matchs banned. A second cut will receive a red card (i don't need to describe you what is it^^).

a. About the competiton name ORC III, What is about VodR team who was leading the two first editions?
4vs4 is not a great format becoz of drawing probabilties which is grow up than a 3vs3 or a 5vs5. For the maps (short, long & multi) should be great

b. I think that Awe suggest can be ok.

c. No more to say Smile

Chapter 2 : Map building/testers

Quote :
Overall idea of ORC III
a. (Closed discussion)
b. (Opened discussion)
Everybody can propose a track since he is NWT. We need somebody for being the "HardDrive" of the project, somebody serious plz. Before launching the test (by testers^^), we will put all the tracks in one .zip/.rar. Somebody will have to do that (it's why i said "HardDrive" since he will have to get them all).
c. (Opened discussion)
Everybody can be "Tester". But not more than 10 plz. The idea for the testers will be to give a notation on x/10 for different things : flow / bugs / scenery* / fun. Be carefull it will not lag for bad computers ! So about this point, propose your name if you wanna be Tester !
d. (Opened discussion)

a. OK

b. Needed 2 persons for "HardDrive", in order to not be stopped during the project by availabilities. Those 2 persons will need to work closed for being sure that any maps is forgotten.

c. U can count on me for testing maps.

d. Well for me it's an important point. Light Mod, mod or anything is forbidden. I'm a color blind and each time it's the same. I'm not the only one in this case and i'm sure you will take into account.
For signs, it's a bit different.

Chapter 4 : Website's management

Quote :
a. (Opened discussion)
Question is simple : or we use the website we will open soon, or we use http://www.tmdirt.com. The best would be to use the tmdirt for me, since the name is ORC III and not NWT cup (if you understand me).

a. Well actually i'm working on our new website which has been reset by QQ last week. Now, I've got some FTP access to manage it and apply some stuff. We will work on design with Mako when all will be ready.
U can register or register again(reset by QQ) at http://www.neworldteam.net

About Web competition. Don't know really, need to talk on teamspeak about that Smile

But you can count on me for manage it, as you know i'm working early in the morning, so i've got all my afternoons Smile

Chapter 5 : Server's management

Quote :
a. (Opened discussion)
For me, the best would be to do like ORC or UDT. The question is to know who could host the servers. Normally, Quinquin should be able to do that. We must just know if it's possible for him and if he has the freetime for that. If not, the moderator of this area should try to find a solution. (still possible to let the teams manage their servers themself...)

a. Well, an other interesting point Smile

- Team NWT Servers :
For me we need some remote servers, able to manage by AdminServ, Remote CP or something else (web access)...
Why?
Because like the last days, if Spor not be there, it hard to find server.
We need to have own ones, managed by 3 or 4 persons (i thought about Spor, Awe, Maso & me)

So, i 'm waiting about Mako player keys and some login server catch by him on his player page.
After that, it can be ok for team servers.

Competition Servers :

We need to talk with QQ about that, but i think that it can be ok.

In my point of view, it can be great to ask all the teams to have their server & their relay. The relay is not optional.
And we can be able to give 5 servers & relays for the teams which had some difficulties.

You have to know, that for a competition if u give all the serv, its really complicated to manage.
For example, when i managed SCC, we opened approximatively 20 servers (relay included).
So for each one, u need to restart them each week for lag complain, put new maps, verify settings, etc....
I don't want to fear u but its a huge work and it's just for servers^^

Well a last point which is important and i haven't seen.
We need a Newser.
Actually with Facebook, Twitter, etc some social news, on those sites and news, adverts on our competition website is really appreciate by all.

So now :

moderator : Babar (Fr/Eng),
2. Map building/testers
moderator : Rocket, Alex, Spor, Awe, Zik,
3. Design
moderator : Mako
4. Website's management
moderator : Zik, Babar
5. Server's management
moderator :
Back to top Go down
masolla

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:33 am

Really appreciate your work guys, but I can't promise anything for my person, yet.

A few things are sure and others are uncertain. Thanks for proposing me as server admin zik. I think I can handle it from time to time, but as already said in the first sentence: I can't promise anything. If I could share the work with some other guys, like zik suggest I could be helpful.

Zik said two important things which needs to be discussed:

1. The name ORC:
I'm completely on zik's side. We can't use that name without talking about that with vodr in the first time. We're not chinese ^^

2. mode:
4vs4 could result in many draws. Personally I'm not sure if that is an advantage or an disadvantage. I think it's not bad at all, but I don't know how the majority sees that point.

Another thing: I can test maps as well Razz
Back to top Go down
mako
Admin
mako

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 7:15 am

Thanks for the messages guys Wink
And Sko : during first ORC, it was a league mod, simply. No 1/8,...only a league Razz. If i remember, we had 14 or 16 teams in each league Wink
Back to top Go down
Awesome

Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 10:58 pm

wassuuuuuuup Sad
Back to top Go down
Awesome

Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:22 pm

Mako? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sad.

Sad.

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeSun Jul 15, 2012 11:44 pm

go now , we have the time imo.
sry for my late...

moderator : Babar (Fr/Eng),
2. Map building/testers
moderator : Rocket, Alex, Spor, Awe, Zik,
3. Design
moderator : Mako, Sad
4. Website's management
moderator : Zik, Babar
5. Server's management
moderator :
Back to top Go down
birarri

birarri

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 3:49 am

well i know the chanses ain't that big but... couldn't we atleast try to get some REAL sponsorns, like in the tech turnaments? Since this is the biggest dirt turnament there will be alot of ppl so that makes the chanses a bit better^^, imo it's worth a shot? What a Face and it doesn't need to be ALOT of things or expensive like in tech, if we get some, it will be a start of a more serious dirt racing era^^ or am i just dreaming?
Back to top Go down
Sad.

Sad.

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeMon Jul 16, 2012 4:04 am

imo we can (because we are the best team in the dirt community,...) have a (or many (^^)) sponsors for the team itself.
so, lets try (me or one of leaders) to have it.
...or not x)
Back to top Go down
mako
Admin
mako

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:35 am

sorry for the no-answer guys. For now, many things are happening here. Real life takes me a lot of time.

About the sponsors, I agree. It's time to research REAL sponsors. Let's first check how its going in tech and ask them how they manage that. After all, we have millions coppers (i received the coppers of the TRC^^ : 250.000). We could already give crazy "copper's prizes", tags,...The big question is : who want to do that? We are all busy I think those last days/weeks. My idea is I could try but honestly, i have not enough freetime for now.

About the other points, i'll answer later today or tomorrow.

Kiss
Back to top Go down
Rocket

Rocket

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 5:43 am

(i received the coppers of the TRC^^ : 250.000) + 50.000 for 3th place on my login Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Organization - ORC III   Organization - ORC III Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Organization - ORC III
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New World Team Website :: Private Topics :: Cup's Organization-
Jump to: