New World Team Website
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New World Team Website

The new website of 'ηψт'

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D

Go down 
+2
ruepel
Awesome
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Awesome

Awesome

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Empty
PostSubject: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 12:39 am

Here we go again, and it has definitely been the trip i was looking for!
The weather was great, i've really studied the weather forecasts for all the stages of the route, so yesterday morning at 7.30 i began my journey to the 2nd highest tarmac point in europe Smile

Here's the route, i hope it works for u guys...
1st half (Neuenhof-Davos-Flüelapass - Ofenpass - Umbrailpass - Passo dello Stelvio) http://goo.gl/maps/Ek6Qd
2nd half (Passo dello Stelvio - Bormio - Tirano - Berninapass - St.Moritz - Julierpass - Thusis - Neuenhof http://goo.gl/maps/92gLf

There's no way i can show you how great it was but i'll try it with around 18 pictures but they won't tell you what i've seen Shocked (and i've made 261 of them to be honest What a Face )
Also please read the descriptions, especially Nair on the Berninapass picture, you'll see why Wink
I've posted almost 200 pics on facebook, so if you're really interested, go have a look on eatch one of them!

Flüelapass between Davos and Susch

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10481p

Smile

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10483cd

Ofenpass, which is actually in a nature reserve area, so kinda like yellowstone in Switzerland lol.

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10527d

Lots of Capricorns and Marmots (Groundhog) in this area and flowers you probably won't see anywhere else in Switzerland.

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10515a

Next is the Umbrailpass, the highest tarmac point in Switzerland with 2505 meters above sea level. On the way up there a marmot crossed the road right in front of me, i've stopped to take a picture but it already disappeared Sad

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10550y

On the top of Umbrail, and if you look closely you can already see the Passo dello Stelvio. The Umbrailpass is also one of the border crossing roads between Switzerland and Italy.

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10564t

And here i am, Passo dello Stelvio. Hundreds of Cars (i took pictures of greek and spanish number plates o.O), Motorbikes and Bicycles, it's really crazy there but who can blame them, it's awesome!

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10581j

I didn't drive this because it was just the wrong side for my trip, Bormio is on the same side as the Umbrailpass and some parts downwards to Bormio were kinda like in this pic, you'll see later Smile

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10575q

The restaurant in the background is called "Tibet" Very Happy

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10586m

Downwards to Bormio... pure awesomeness!

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10620y

Down in Tirano, which is 40km after Bormio and only 450m above sea level and damn it was hot, i've had to close the windows LOL

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10634s

Back in Switzerland on the top of Berninapass 2303m above the sea. The lake is called "Lago Bianco" (White Lake) and it's not dirty or something, it's because of the Cambrera glacier in the background. Right next to Lago Bianco is the Lago Nero (Black Lake) and the fun thing about this is the fact that in the language which is spoken there (Click me) the Lago Nero is called Lej Nair Smile
The 2nd mountain to the right (the spiky one) is the Piz Bernina (Mount Bernina :p), one of the highest mountains in Switzerland with 4049m.
The most epic picture i've ever made!

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10645w

Lago Bianco and Lej Nair - White Lake and Black Lake

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10648j

Down in St.Moritz which is pretty well knows for it's High Society and very expensive hotels Very Happy In winter great for snow stuff (ski, snowboard, bob, etc.) but in summer it's very well known for surfers, wakeboarding and stuff...

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10680

Last pass of the day, the Julierpass 2284m above the sea.

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10693r

Probably the most beautiful pass of the day, i really can't decide because all of them are special in their own way!

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10702

The Lake of Marmorera between Julierpass and Savognin.

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10710h

Then i went down to Chur for visiting my grandmother and at 21.00 when i was near Zurich it was cloudy and i've just had to take a picture of the sunset - horizon on fire Very Happy

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Sdc10719

14 hours (lots of breaks), around 15'000m altitude difference (up&down) and a very tired Awe in the evening.

So to sum it up ->

One of the best days of my life!

Back to top Go down
ruepel

ruepel

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:49 am

great + wonderful trip, very nice pics cheers

you have done it alone ?
Back to top Go down
http://www.zapocross.de
Jracer

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 3:17 am

Really nice pics Awe. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
ragha

ragha

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:34 am

really Awesome pics
Back to top Go down
Oli

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 2:18 am

yee very nice pics awe xD
Back to top Go down
Avalanche

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 9:37 pm

WATCH OUT AWE!!!!!!

your on the wrong bloody side of the road!!!!!!!!!!

ps. nice pics Wink
Back to top Go down
Awesome

Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 2:00 am

mhmmm not exactly Ava What a Face

and watch out yourself, you're on the wrong bloody side of the planet lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D   Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Awe's Full-Day Roadtrip :D
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
New World Team Website :: Random Chat :: Awesome Stuff-
Jump to: